It was my official last day of holidays so I decided to cook up a storm and have a few friends over for dinner. I planned a three course meal and of course the dessert had to be one of the highlights. It all went off without a glitch and tasted unreal.
Entree: Creamy Pumpkin Soup with Crusty Bread
Main: Swedish Meatballs with Caramelised Onion Mash and Steamed Greens
Dessert: Mini Baked Oreo Cheesecakes topped with Whipped Cream
Mini Baked Oreo Cheesecakes
1 packet of Oreos (original size)
1 packet of Oreos (mini size)
250g Philly Cream Cheese, softened
1/3 C Caster Sugar
1 T Lemon Juice
100ml Thickened Cream
Extra Cream for Whipping
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Prepare 10 muffin tin holes with patty papers
- Twist the original size Oreos in half and place one in the bottom of each patty paper
- Beat cream cheese and caster sugar with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Be sure to scrape down the sides occasionally
- Add egg and beat until well combined
- Add lemon juice and cream and beat until combined
- Cut remaining original size Oreos in quarters and fold through the cream mixture
- Divide the mixture evenly amongest the patty papers
- Bake in the oven for 20mins
- Once removed, leave to cool in tin for 30mins. Transfer to air tight container and store in refrigerator until set.
- When serving remove patty paper and top with whipped cream and mini Oreo
Tips: I found the silicon patty papers to be exactly the right size for the Oreo biscuit. These cheesecakes can be frozen.