Sunday, March 13, 2011

Quarter of a Century Celebrations...

My sister came to me and asked if I would make her boyfriend a cake for his birthday.  Of course I said yes, he is like family.  Then she asked if I could make a jersey cake... a 'Rabbitohs' jersey cake.  I was up for the challenge.

I didn't make the cake this time, I was too busy with work and I didn't have a big enough tin.  My sister got her friend to make the choc-caramel mud swirl cake.

My sister and I got to bed at 2am the night before the birthday celebrations.  This cake took time.  I am not afraid to say that it isn't the best I have done.  The icing was too stretchy and thin so there were cracks.  Looking back I know what I could've done to avoid this, but can't do anything about that now other than learn from my mistakes.  If you stood on the other side of the room and didn't look up close it looked ok.

Besides my qualms over the cake, Dan absolutely loved it.  He is a MAD South Sydney Rabbitohs supporter so this was a really nice surprise.  He loved it so much we weren't allowed to cut it.  So no one got cake last night.

Happy 25th Birthday to the bestest brother-in-law-to-be-someday-very-soon-I-hope.





Note: South Sydney Rabbitohs logo comes from the official South Sydney Football club website
 

1 comments:

Anonymous,  March 13, 2011 at 10:19 PM  

And we STILL haven't been allowed to cut it. It's more like a shrine than a birthday cake.
The cake came out great. Must be the live with which it was made.
Deb

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Design Credits

Blog designed by
Custom Blog Designs
using stock image by Zubada

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP