Friday, January 21, 2011

Wedded bliss...

This is the first wedding cake of 2011.  The other day I was asked to another wedding cake in October so there will be at least two wedding cakes this year.

I tried a new chocolate mud and ganache recipe with this cake and it paid off... Soooooooooooooo yummy.  The couple saw the wedding cake I did for my friends and wanted something similar.  Their colour theme is cream and burgundy and a girlfriend (awesome florist) made the gorgeous cake topper to match.  I didn't think you could get burgundy flowers to be honest, but I was soon put in my place.  The lilies will open up more tomorrow, just in time for the wedding.

This cake is a loving gift from their daughter and I hope it's all they dreamed of.  I wish the bride and groom a lifetime of happiness.









_________________________________________________________________________

Linked up to the Friday Flair {Linky Party} on Whipperberry


6 comments:

Rhi @ Hummingbird's Song January 23, 2011 at 2:45 PM  

Oh Rhi, you are so clever! If only you lived near me, I'd ask you to make my 30th Birthday cake!

RhiDiscover January 23, 2011 at 10:49 PM  

Thanks ladies... The feedback from the bride, groom and everyone at the wedding was excellent... So thumbs up :-)
Sorry Lucy, I'm in Newcastle NSW

Emily {WhipperBerry} January 29, 2011 at 5:47 AM  

Rhi,
What a beautiful cake! The simple elegance is stunning. Thanks for linking up so I could see it!

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Design Credits

Blog designed by
Custom Blog Designs
using stock image by Zubada

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP