My cousin gave me this recipe countless times, and me being me, lost it every time. Finally I held onto it long enough to actually have a go at baking it. This is a super moist 'Rich Dark Fudge Cake'. Almost a mud cake but not quite as dense. I would have to say this is the best chocolate cake I have tasted, and I'm not just saying that because I made it. I even sent it in my partners lunch box for the boys at work and they all agreed.
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees
- Grease and line a baking tin with baking paper (one batch filled a 7" cake tin)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cocoa)
- Add egg, milk, oil and vanilla, using an electric mixer beat for 2 minutes on medium speed
- Stir in boiling water by hand until all is mixed well (please note: mixture is quite runny)
- Pour cake batter into prepared tin
- Place in oven and bake for 45 mins or until skewer comes out clean
- Cool in pan then transfer to wire rack
- Cut then serve (whipped cream and strawberries would've been nice)... Yum Yum!!!