Friday, January 14, 2011

Rich Dark Fudge Cake

 My cousin gave me this recipe countless times, and me being me, lost it every time.  Finally I held onto it long enough to actually have a go at baking it.  This is a super moist 'Rich Dark Fudge Cake'.  Almost a mud cake but not quite as dense.  I would have to say this is the best chocolate cake I have tasted, and I'm not just saying that because I made it.  I even sent it in my partners lunch box for the boys at work and they all agreed.







Rich Dark Fudge Cake


Ingredients
1 cup Plain Flour
1 cup Sugar
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Vanilla
1/2 cup Cocoa
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 Egg (slightly beaten)
1/2 cup Boiling Water
1/2 cup Milk




Method

  1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees
  2. Grease and line a baking tin with baking paper (one batch filled a 7" cake tin)
  3. In a large mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cocoa)
  4. Add egg, milk, oil and vanilla, using an electric mixer beat for 2 minutes on medium speed
  5. Stir in boiling water by hand until all is mixed well (please note: mixture is quite runny)
  6. Pour cake batter into prepared tin
  7. Place in oven and bake for 45 mins or until skewer comes out clean
  8. Cool in pan then transfer to wire rack
  9. Cut then serve (whipped cream and strawberries would've been nice)... Yum Yum!!!



Thanks Nita !!!

2 comments:

Tonita January 18, 2011 at 11:58 PM  

No worries Rhi - it is always a winner!!!! Especially yummy with Kahula Cream Filling.....

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Design Credits

Blog designed by
Custom Blog Designs
using stock image by Zubada

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP