Monday, January 17, 2011

Point & Shoot: Cricut Cake Weekend


So I got my new toy for Christmas, the Cricut Cake machine, and this weekend I finally got time to test it out.  My first attempt wasn't so successful.  The gum paste was too think and there were air bubbles and the blade ripped through the icing instead of cutting.  Disaster!!!

Uh ohhhhhh, what have I got myself into!!!

After researching a little I found out people use pasta rollers to roll out there icing to get a nice EVEN, THIN piece.  So I went on the search for one.  The only thing about the pasta roller is it is quite narrow so it doesn't cover the whole cutting mat, but who cares, it works... like a dream.

The above collage shows a step-by-step  photographic guide to using the Cricut Cake.  You can see the end result and it isn't too bad.  Still need to practice but was certainly one of the highlights of my weekend.

Stay tuned for more cakes.



1 comments:

Adalita January 19, 2011 at 10:02 AM  

Rhi, That looks like fun & hard work. Thanks for the comment. I hope your renos are going well too. We are doing most of it ourselves. Look forward to more yummy recipes.

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Design Credits

Blog designed by
Custom Blog Designs
using stock image by Zubada

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP