Friday, January 14, 2011

Banana & Coconut Bread

Can you tell its holidays and I have time on my hands... I'm baking.  I baked this yummy treat to take to my girlfriend's house for afternoon tea, and I baked an extra one for me too.  We sat out on her back deck and chatted about anything and everything for a few hours.  Was a lovely, relaxing day.




Banana & Coconut Bread

Ingredients

1 cup Plain Flour
1/2 cup SR Flour
1 cup Brown Sugar
1 tsp Cinnamon
125g Butter (melted and cooled)
2 Eggs (whisked)
3 ripe Bananas (mashed)
1/3 cup Coconut
1/2 Banana Extra (optional)

Method

  1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees
  2. Grease and line a loaf tin
  3. Melt the butter in the microwave and set aside for cooling
  4. Combine flours, sugar and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl
  5. Whisk butter and eggs together, mash the banana
  6. Stir the butter/egg mixture and mashed banana into the dry ingredients
  7. Spoon into the prepared pan
  8. Cut banana into slices and place on top before baking
  9. Bake in oven for 45-50 mins
  10. Cut and serve with butter
Note: To ripen your bananas, put in the freezer until they are black.

1 comments:

Rhi @ Hummingbird's Song January 14, 2011 at 3:10 PM  

Ooh.. looks delish! I have some bananas to use up, so I might give this a go tomorrow!

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Design Credits

Blog designed by
Custom Blog Designs
using stock image by Zubada

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP