Sunday, November 7, 2010

Mango Magic


You can tell it is summer time when mangoes hit the fresh produce section of the supermarket.  Its just a pity that mother nature has forgotten to hit the summer switch in NSW.  Raining and cool weather is not my idea of summer.  So to get a little bit of summer in the house I decided to make this easy peasy mango dessert... Mango Magic!!!  So easy yet so effective.


P.S. I think mother nature liked this dessert.  She brought out the sunshine today.  I should do this every weekend.

Mango Magic

Ingredients
Any yummy vanilla ice cream
1 fresh mango

Method
1. Take the ice cream out of the freezer to let soften
2. Line muffin tin holes with cling wrap
3. Cut the cheeks away from the mango and remove the skin
4. Using a small sharp knife carefully cut out your desired shape (I did a heart as it was for my man and it represents my love for summer and mangoes)
5. Place the mango shapes at the bottom of the muffin tin
6. Finely cut the remaining mango and mash
7. Add mango to softened ice cream and mix well
8. Place mango ice cream mix on top of mango shape in the muffin tin.
9. Fold the cling wrap over and freeze for 3-4 hours
10. Remove from freezer and cling wrap.  Serve shape (heart) face up

Note:  These can be made ahead of time and kept in the freezer wrapped in the cling wrap.








Mango

2 comments:

Alisa November 25, 2010 at 3:37 PM  

What a wonderful dessert.I came across your site from the foodieblogroll and I'd love to guide Foodista readers to your site. I hope you could add this Foodista widget at the end of this post so we could add you in our list of food bloggers who blogged about recipes with mangoes, Thanks!

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Design Credits

Blog designed by
Custom Blog Designs
using stock image by Zubada

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP